Buffalo Dip a fave? Need a game-day pleaser for your plant and meat-eating friends? I promise, no one will know the difference! This delicious dip needs nothing more than a high-powered blender or food processor and about 20 minutes of your time. Serve it hot or cold, and feel free to personalize. If you know me, you know the only time this was ever measured was when I created the recipe. This is a build it once… make it as you wish kind of dip. Just sayin’. Let me know if you when you love it!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 cup Raw Cashew Nuts
- 1 medium Onions diced
- 3 stalk medium Celery diced
- 225 g Native Forest Organic Young Jackfruit hand-shred
- 12 tbsp Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tbsp SunCoCo cooking oil
- 4 Nutritional Yeast
- .5 cup Water Filtered
- 8 tbsp Follow your Heart organic
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1) Overnight or hot water soak for 10-15 minutes 1.5 cups of cashews.
- 2) Dice onion & celery
- 3) Heat 1 Tbsp of oil over med/high heat. Add onions and celery and saute until browned and onions are translucent.
- 4) Peel and press garlic (don’t own a garlic press… then you’re welcome to the kitchen tool that saves the day… otherwise…mince mince mince)
- 5) Hand shred the canned jackfruit (this can be made with fresh jackfruit, if available in your area).
- 6) Add pressed garlic and jackfruit to the onion and celery mixture on the stove. Saute until fragrant.
- 7) Add 1/4 – 1/2 Cup of preferred buffalo sauce. I am choosing Primal Kitchen as it is the cleanest I have found. Saute 3-5 minutes. Then put a top on it and remove it from heat.
- 8) Strain cashews, add nutritional yeast, strained cashews, and 1/4-1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup mayo to the blender. Drizzle in water as need, until the consistency of queso cheese.
- 9) Add sauce to saute pan, mix to heat over low/medium heat OR bake @325° for 15 minutes.
- 10) ENJOY! Serve with fresh-cut veggies and dig in.
- Serving Size: A nice size for 6-8 to take a side helping
- Number of Servings: 6
Amount Per Serving (6)
- Calories: 374.8
- Protein: 6.7 g
- Carbohydrate: 15.4 g
- Fat: 30.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fiber: 5.8 g