😷This is the face of Influenza A
😫 This a wellness-warrior feeling unwell
On a scale of 1-10 my feelings of 𝘃𝘂𝗹𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 is/was like 100
Why you ask? Everyone gets sick you say…
Yes friends, that’s true. BUT I’m sure some of you out there can relate to putting unrealistic expectations on yourself that you would 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 expect from another human…
(𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 ↓)
I’ve got all the stories going on upstairs 🤯
– I preach taking care of ourselves, I’m not suppose to get sick
– How did this happen when I am “supposed” to be elbow deep in our renovations?
– Just power through and do something
– Omg I am going to be so far behind
– Now my immune system is taxed and COVID 19 is in our local community 😷
I have had to put my ‘Choose Again Method’ to werrrrrkkkkkk.
My truth is that choosing the positive thought/emotion has to be very intentional. The neural pathways in my brain were wired my entire life for fear-based thinking. When I came to really understand this, I was and still am shocked by how often the fear based thought jumps up before the positive one (🙋🏻♀️….𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺🤦🏻♀️).
Shit…if I am telling the whole truth, I actually have to go seeking 👀 a positive thought more often than not. It’s 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 effort and work that can only happen after one has the awareness that this is their truth as well.
This doesn’t mean being naive 𝗻𝗼𝗿 buying into the bullshit of ‘𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦’. I believe we have free-will for this exact reason, as we have a hand in creating our reality.
I’m not asleep at the wheel, but I’m also not willing to hand over my joy due to this pandemic.
– I shopped (𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘮𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬 = 𝘯𝘰 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵).
– I bought extra but not a crazy amount, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘮 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘴𝘰𝘤. 𝘴𝘦𝘤…𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯’𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴…𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴, I bought a little extra because our kids are now home for 3 weeks and that = more snacks.
- I’m not going anywhere that I don’t need to go, because there’s no reason to risk it for myself or others (𝘮𝘺 𝘍𝘭𝘶 𝘈 𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘯’𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝟽 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘮 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘵).
– We are eating extra of our plant capsules (𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 🧬)
– I am offering to help others where I can, watching some kids, dropping off some supplies. Anything I think can do to help.
– I am working, because I have structured my life in a way that allows me to work from home. - I am writing in my gratitude journal every.single.day…. 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘮𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴
- AND most importantly, I am giving myself and others grace.
We are in this together folks. We are stronger together and united than alone and scared.